The MCA regulations require a candidate to:
- Hold a valid MCA accepted Chief Mate unlimited, II/2 CoC.
- Have completed 36 months’ watchkeeping service as OOW unlimited II/1. This period may be reduced to 24 months if at least 12 months of such seagoing service has been served as Chief Mate while holding a Chief Mate unlimited, II/2, CoC;
- Hold applicable ancillary and safety course certificates as listed in MSN 1856 (M+F) “as amended”
It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that all entry requirements for the course and the issue of a Notice of Eligibility (NoE) by the MCA are met prior to attending the course.
This course prepares candidates for the Master (Unlimited) MCA Oral examination. You will receive tuition, guided study and exam practice in preparation for the MCA Oral exam.
The following subjects will receive particular attention during the course:
– Shipboard Operations
– Magnetic Compass
– Shipmaster’s Business and Law
– MCA oral exam (arranged during final week of course)
Presentations on other topics may be arranged where the whole group would benefit. Tutorials will be delivered as formal lectures and/or demonstrations as appropriate, supplemented by group discussion, question and answer sessions and directed study.
Candidates are also encouraged to make full use of other learning resources, including the on-site library, Internet access and training software.
To either book or enquire about this course then please click the ‘enquire now’ button above, to access our contact form and secure your place.